Primary Care Co-ordinator
Ph: 5352 4804
What does a practice nurse do?
Practice nurses have a variety of roles within their own scope of practice. This includes, but is not limited to:
- clinical skills in patient triage
- wound care
- chronic disease management and allied health coordination
- aged care assessments, preventative health checks
- Infection Control
- patient education
- women’s and children’s health checks
- pap tests
- systems improvement and audits
- Data Management
- Accreditation and clinical research.
New Nurse Orientation
Grampians Medicare Local (GML) can organise an orientation for new nurses to a general practice. Please contact us to arrange this free and valuable service.
Grampians Medicare Local organises a variety of practice nurse education events across the Grampians region. These Practice Nurse Network meetings provide a strong education component, but also provide opportunity for professional networking and support.
The GML advertises events on the events calendar of our website, in our email communications and newsletters. Please RSVP to events directly via our website events page. Practice nurses in Ballarat are also invited to attend the Tuesday CPD programme that GPs and Allied health providers attend at the Ballarat Health Services.
- Australian Practice Nurse Association
- Australian Nursing and Midwifery Board
- Australian College of Nursing
- Australian Nursing Federation
- Australian Nursing Federation - Competency standards for nurses in general practice
- Practice Nurse Incentive Program
- MBS Online – A useful website to enable you to search Medicare item numbers
For further practice nurse information and support contact Trudi Cameron (RN Div 1) on 5352 4804 or email email@example.com